Robert Pershesscientia est potentia - knowledge is power
Prior to forming Perkins Pershes, PLLC, Mr. Pershes was a partner at Roetzel & Andress in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Represented an Engineering firm to obtain back ownership of firm trademark; result after jury trial was full ownership rights for client.
- Represented scientific equipment distributor who was given a trademark by oral agreement thirty years prior and was having it infringed by the original owner who was a multi-national corporation; result after jury trial was full ownership rights given to client as well as damages awarded for infringing conduct.
- Represented a DVD distributor accused of copyright infringement and producing counterfeiting products; result after jury trial was no infringement and product found not to be counterfeit.
- Represented marketing company against copyright infringer of its design materials; resulted in stopping infringement, destruction of improper copies and damages for infringement.
- Represented one of the largest automobile distributorship in the country in defense of claims of infringing trademark, copyright infringement and breach of license; result after jury trial was no infringement, no breach and no damages.
Represented jewelry manufacturer accused of copyright infringement; result after trial was all claims dismissed and claimant’s copyright vacated.
- Represented pharmaceutical distributor accused of patent infringement, as well as trademark and copyright infringement of packaging materials; result after dispositive motion filed was settlement of all claims, with full rights for client to sell its product.
- Represented Builder/designer and contractor who claimed copyright infringement of its designs; results after jury trial was defendant found to have infringed and Builder awarded damages.
Mr. Pershes has received an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. According to Martindale-Hubbell, the rating indicates the highest level of skill, integrity and professional conduct. This distinction is awarded to less than eight percent of all United States lawyers. Mr. Pershes was also selected as a “Florida Super Lawyer®” by Florida Super Lawyers magazine (2007, 2010-2012, 2014-2018) and named as one of the “Top Lawyers in South Florida” by South Florida Legal Guide (2007-2015, 2018).
Contributing Author, Domestic Patents – Questions You Should Ask Your Patent Attorney, BioPharm International Magazine (August 2005).
Speaker, “What Every Business Owner and Attorney Should Know,” Intellectual Property Committee, South Palm Beach County Bar Association, Boca Raton (March 24, 2010).
Lecturer, “Copyright Infringement of Construction Plans”
- Counterfeit Goods
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Masters in Law, New York University Law School
- Juris Doctor, New York University Law School
- Bachelor in Engineering (Mechanical), City College of the City University of New York, NY
- Professional Engineer, New York & New Jersey
- Board Certified Intellectual Property Law, Florida Bar
- Registered Patent Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Mediator & Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Florida Bar Association (Member, Intellectual Property Law Committee)
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Litigation & ADR Committees
- Florida Intellectual Property Law Association (Past President)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association (Past Co-Chair, Intellectual Property Law Committee)